WHERE art thou? It’s not too late to enter our brilliant Sun competition to turn homes into mini art galleries.
You have four days to create an artwork of any animal – a painting, sculpture, maybe a model – and display it in a window so everyone can see it.
Take a photo of your art and upload it to The Sun by midnight on Friday and you could win a model dog made by world-famous Angel Of The North artist Sir Antony Gormley.
Our Great Big Art Exhibition competition is open to everyone in the UK – whatever your age – and we have already had masses of entries like the selection pictured here.
Emma James, five, used pieces of building toy Kid K’nex to make a dinosaur she put in the garden of her family’s home in Highworth, Wilts.
George Telford, a retired Rolls-Royce car worker from Nantwich, Cheshire, did a beautiful painting of an owl.
He said: “I’m pleased there is no age limit as I am 89.
Antony’s tips for artists
- THE Great Big Art Exhibition is open to children and adults – there is no age limit.
- SEE firstsite.uk, where you can download a brilliant workbook packed with ideas. The site also features lots more information on the exhibition.
- YOU can do a painting and put it in your window, like youngsters living in a street in Acton, West London. Include the project in home schooling.
- YOU might want to create a picture of your favourite pet or an animal you have seen when you are out and about.
- YOU can also do a sculpture, or create a model, knit an animal or make one out of material. Put it in your window or on your balcony, garden or forecourt.
- OR let your imagination run riot and create an animal, insect, bird or fish the world has never seen.
- You could also team up – safely under Covid rules – with your neighbours and make a joint artwork. Or even recruit the whole street.
TAKING THE MIKE
Zara’s hubby Mike Tindall claiming furlough cash despite £15m fortune
DRAGGED TO DEATH
Girl dies after being ‘dragged in stolen SUV as carjacker tries to flee’
Snow warnings until THURSDAY as 10in to blanket ice-ravaged UK tomorrow
DOG ATTACK HORROR
Girls, 2 & 3, rushed to hospital after being savaged by dog in street
‘Pimlico Pusher’ mum who shoulder barged pensioner into moving bus walks free
Over-70s should contact the NHS ASAP if they’ve not had a Covid vaccine
“I have been in isolation because of that damn virus for the past eight months. I like to paint owls.”
Like Angel Nicholson, 25, of Hillingdon, West London, you could create something from fantasy.
Angel said: “I used my love for cats and my imagination to create a cat/unicorn.”
HOW TO ENTER
Upload a photo of your art at thesun.co.uk/art.
The competition is open to all ages and there is no limit on how many times you enter.
Leave your name, age if you are under 18, address and a contact number and tell us a bit about your artwork.
If under 16, leave an adult’s contact details. Our judges will choose a selection to be published in The Sun and on Sun Online.
From that shortlist, our panel will choose a winner. The judges’ decision is final.
- Terms and conditions apply.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]