A FAMILY have issued a heatwave warning after a 10-year-old boy suffered gruesome burns when he walked on sand scorched by a BBQ.
Will Tyler had been enjoying a day out with his parents Toby, 51, Claire, 44, and sister Lily, 12, on Formby Beach, Merseyside, when the horror unfolded.
The youngster was left screaming in agony after treading on the sand where a disposable BBQ had been smouldering for hours.
Will was rushed to hospital with severe wounds on both feet and was even left wheelchair-bound during last June’s heatwave.
He can now walk unaided after a eight night stint in hospital but still wears compression socks 23 hours a day to protect the scars as well as a splint at night. The brave schoolboy has now shared pictures of his horror injuries in a bid to warn others as temperatures rise to 26.6C across the country today.
Read more here.