WE’RE all set for the first Grand Slam of the year as Melbourne gears up the for 2021 Australian Open.
The tournament was originally scheduled to start in January, but organisers have delayed proceedings by three weeks due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Novak Djokovic is the defending men’s champion after his win over Dominic Thiem, while Sofia Kenin saw off Garbine Muguruza in three sets.
Andy Murray is OUT of the tournament after testing positive for coronavirus.
When is the Australian Open 2021?
- The tournament will begin on Monday, February 8 and runs for a fortnight.
- Things come to a close with the men’s singles title decided on Sunday, February 21.
- It’s the 109th edition of the tournament, which is held annually at Melbourne Park.
- Originally, the competition was slated to run between January 18-31 but was moved so the top names in world tennis could attend.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
You will be able to tune into the Australian Open on Eurosport here in the UK.
Eurosport customers can watch on their TV, or stream using the Eurosport Player.
You can find Eurosport 1 on Sky channel 410.
OZ-ER AND OUT
Australian Open in chaos as 600 players, officials and staff have to isolate
NICK OF TIME
Kyrgios REFUSES to play and storms off in on-court bust-up over time violation
Topless Djokovic jokes on beach as star prepares for Aussie Open after quarantine
Robson’s career in balance as ace poses with crutches on birthday after hip op
‘out of context’
Vanessa Sierra claims she received 500 death threats after quarantine rant
Australian Open schedule
- Men’s and women’s singles first round – February 8
- Men’s and women’s singles first round – February 9
- Men’s and women’s singles second round – February 10
- Men’s and women’s singles second round – February 11
- Men’s and women’s singles third round – February 12
- Men’s and women’s singles third round – February 13
- Men’s and women’s singles fourth round – February 14
- Men’s and women’s singles fourth round – February 15
- Men’s and women’s singles quarter-finals – February 16
- Men’s and women’s singles quarter-finals – February 17
- Women’s semi-finals and first men’s semi-final – February 18
- Second men’s semi-final – February 19
- Women’s final – February 20
- Men’s final – February 21