PRINCE Charles’ pal has blasted Prince Harry for “f***ing hypocrisy” after the Duke claimed his dad had cut him off financially in his bombshell interview with Oprah.
It comes as the Royal Family is still reeling from Harry and his wife Meghan Markle’s wide-ranging TV chat which laid bare their rift with the Palace.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
Charles’ friends were quoted as saying that the heir-to-throne was “upset and cut up” about his son’s remarks during the interview, reports The Sunday Times.
And one pal slammed Harry for “f***ing hypocrisy” over the claim he had been cut off by his dad.
Harry moaned in the interview that his family “literally cut me off financially” after he and Meghan stepped back as working Royals.
Despite this, the Sussexes have an estimated net worth of around £100million, according to a report from the Evening Standard.
And the couple’s initial announcement they were stepping back from the Royal Family last year included a statement they wanted to stand on their own feet with their finances.
“What f***ing hypocrisy. When Harry and Meghan left last year, they wanted to become ‘financially independent’,” the source said.
Another pal added: “It was a surprise to hear he’d been cut off, given the bank statements.
“The prince continued to provide Harry and Meghan with financial support after their move to America, while they found their feet.”
The Sussexes have since penned multimillion pound deals with Netflix and Spotify, and live in a £10million mansion with 16 bathrooms in California.
Harry also is understood to receive around £320,000 a year from his late mum Princess Diana’s estimate as part of a £10million inheritance which was left to him and William.
The Queen Mother almost left the brothers a portion of a £19million trust fund which was meant to go to her great-grandchildren.
It is also claimed Charles gave Harry “many hundreds of thousands of pounds” in 2020.
Informed sources said he received a lump sum from Prince Charles in late March 2020 after he announced his decision to step aside.
Charles is said to be “deeply hurt” by the Oprah interview and is reportedly keen to mend the broken relationship with his son.
The Prince of Wales plans to contact Harry within the next few weeks in bid to try and heal their bond.
Harry has claimed that his dad stopped taking is calls after Megxit and that their relationship is was far from cordial.
“You are looking at a father who is deeply hurt by where he finds his relationship with his son,” a pal told the Mail on Sunday.
“But, after much reflection, he also realises that nothing good will come of prolonging the fight.
“He feels it is time to heal. Now is the time to mend a broken relationship.”
The source also claimed that Charles has a “real desire” to restore the bond with his youngest son, while Camilla can “see how upset her husband is.”
Charles was reportedly left in in a “state of despair” over the interview as Harry and Meghan made a slew of claims about their departure from the Palace.
Harry and Meghan’s interview came just days after allegations emerged that Meghan bullied Royal staff – with the Palace now brining in a law firm to conduct the investigation.
The inquiry will no doubt ramp up tensions between the Sussexes and the Royal Family – as one source warned “the actual worst incidences haven’t come out” with there being “harrowing stories”.
Several current and former royal aides are set to submit evidence for the inquiry, after they were unable to provide testimony in court during Meghan’s recent legal battle against the Mail on Sunday.
Jason Knauf, the Sussexes then Communications Secretary, kicked off the bullying saga in October 2018 after he sent an email to a senior courtier.
He expressed his concern that “the Duchess was able to bully two PAs out of the household in the past year.”
Meghan has denied the claims, with the Sussexes spokesperson branding it: “a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation.”
Meghan and Harry are not expected to be invited to participate in the Palace inquiry – despite having written to “The Firm” specifically regarding the matter.
The couple have also found themselves at the centre of a historic race row.
Meghan claimed a member of the Royals had concerns about “how dark” her son Archie’s skin might be, when she was pregnant.
Oprah later clarified this individual was not The Queen or Prince Philip, but the allegations shocked the world.
Boy, 3, dies after falling into canal with his mum in Berkshire
Woman arrested at Sarah vigil slams cops for ‘throwing her to the floor’
Met boss urged to quit and Priti demands ‘full report’ as cops storm Sarah vigil
WORST YET TO COME
Palace staff have ‘harrowing stories’ about Meghan Markle, insider says
Meghan Markle demands to see emails & texts on bullying allegations
Prince Harry, kids should stand on their own two feet before they’re 36
Meghan also claimed that she was not offered assistance when she was struggling with her mental health and felt suicidal.
However, sources in The Sunday Times have cast doubt on this claim.
A royal source said: “To throw that at the family, I just couldn’t believe it. His mental health, and hers, were such an open part of the office.
“Given the number of staff that worked with them, it was a very open part of the conversations generally.”
It has also emerged Harry and William have finally “been in contact” amid the Oprah fallout after it was reported they had not spoken for months.