TAKING screenshots on your phone can be very useful for many reasons and it’s easy to do once you know how.
Here’s how to screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S and Note smartphones.
How to screenshot on Samsung Galaxy phones
The most common way to screenshot is to press the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
The screen should flash briefly and the image will be saved to your photos.
However, there are several other ways to screenshot on Samsung Galaxy devices depending on which one you have.
You can try holding down the side key and the volume down key, if power and volume doesn’t work.
Alternatively, pressing the power and home key at the same time may work.
Finally, Samsung suggests trying the palm swipe feature.
It says on its website: “If enabled, you can take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across the screen from one side to the other.”
To enable this just go to ‘Settings’, ‘Advanced features’, ‘Motions and gestures’ and then turn on the ‘Palm swipe to capture’ toggle.
The Samsung website has a whole page titled “How To Take A Screenshot On A Galaxy Device?”.
If you’re still confused you can check it out and will also find a section to speak to Samsung for help.
Samsung – a brief history
Here’s what you need to know…
- Samsung is a major South Korean company made up of many businesses that operate globally
- It’s known locally as a “chaebol”, which means “business conglomerate”
- It was founded by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a trading company
- But over several decades, it branched out into food processing, insurance, textiles and retail
- It wasn’t until the late 1960s when Samsung entered the electronics industry – for which it’s best known in the west today
- It also launched businesses in construction and shipbuilding in the 1970s
- Today, Samsung’s most important sources of income are its smartphones and computer chips
- The firm accounts for around a fifth of South Korea’s total exports, and roughly 17% of the country’s GDP
- More than 320,000 staff are employed by Samsung globally
- And in 2017, Samsung turned over the equivalent of £174billion today in revenue
IT’S A DEAL!
Amazing ‘limited’ iPhone 12 deal gets you 54GB of 5G data for £34 a month
Is 5G in your area? Mast maps reveal if you can upgrade to ultra-fast internet
Dangerous apps parents NEED to know as groomers target bored kids in lockdown
We reveal if YOU need to buy new £20 plug before upgrading to the latest iPhone
What is Super Alexa Mode? Strange ‘cheat code’ for your Amazon Echo
WhatsApp ‘Martinelli’ virus hoax is spreading online – DON’T fall for it
In other news, Instagram is quietly working on a new version of Stories that works like TikTok.
Twitch streamer Indiefoxx has been banned from the platform again over strict nudity rules.
And, Netflix is trialling a viewing timer feature that can pause an episode for you if you fall asleep.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]