HALF of us are ditching Valentine’s Day this year, according to a poll by dating site eHarmony.
The Sun’s sex and relationships editor Georgette Culley says: “The pandemic has changed the landscape for relationships, giving us a wider perspective.
“While it may seem a shame couples are turning their back on Valentine’s Day, it could be a good thing in the long run. Showing your love and appreciation shouldn’t be restricted to just one day of the year.”
Today, Georgette shares a romantic or sexy tip for every week of the year to spoil your partner.
- Leave cute messages on Post-its around the house to make them feel valued.
- Give a love coupon to be exchanged for a free massage or fancy meal.
- Spice up your Saturday night with a game of strip poker or spin the bottle.
- Surprise them in the shower and give a sensual scrub to get their pulse racing.
- Offer to do the chores every now and again, and put on your sexiest underwear.
- Give them a personalised photobook of your most romantic and sexy memories.
- Suggest you take up a hobby to strengthen your bond, such as life drawing or erotic painting.
- Leave chocolates on their pillow — cocoa releases endorphins and increases blood flow down there.
- Ask them (text if you are shy) what their favourite sexy fantasy is, and bring it to life later.
- Prepare a bedroom picnic with strawberries dipped in chocolate — both are aphrodisiacs.
- Instead of a V-Day card, write an erotic love letter telling them how and where you want them.
- Work out to make out, as exercising together boosts libido and strengthens relationships.
- Suggest a digital detox for a night every week and give them your undivided attention.
- Been together a while? Don’t forget to flirt — playing footsie will get you both in the mood.
- Curate a playlist of songs that have special meaning for both of you, such as your wedding dance.
- Get dirty in the kitchen by doing an online cookery class together, and then . . .
- Staying in is the new going out, so get dressed up in your finest for a dinner date.
- Transform your living room into a cinema, complete with popcorn, for a movie marathon.
- Creep out of bed early and return with piping hot coffee and a delicious breakfast.
- Kiss them — not just before sex, but when they least expect it and most appreciate it.
- Compliment something physical about them to remind them how hot they are.
- Run them a hot bubble bath and fill the bathroom with sensual scented candles.
- Surprise them by buying some kinky accessories — from handcuffs to a cheeky feather tickler.
- Experiment with food, letting them eat sushi from your body, or blindfolding them to feed them.
- Text from another room, just “I love you” or something saucy to build sexual tension.
- Stuck in a rut and looking for inspo? Dip your toe into erotic audio — start with the Dipsea app.
- Go on a virtual shopping trip together at Ann Summers — sex toys aren’t only for solo use.
- Try a tantric sex workshop over Zoom and reconnect sexually. Visit tantrictherapy.co.uk.
- Once working from home is over, sneak some sexy underwear into their work bag, with a note, too.
- Read erotic literature to each other in bed. Try Mills & Boon, Lush Stories or Literotica to start.
- Make them feel like you want to show them off by suggesting a Zoom double date with your friends.
- Turn the living room into their favourite place, such as a relaxing spa or their go-to pub.
- When they least expect it, turn up with their favourite takeaway, or do a DIY McDonald’s.
- Give them some me time by clearing everything and everyone from the house.
- It’s been on your to-do list, but how about ticking off that DIY task before they ask again?
- Bring them flowers, or even better, a plant you can nurture and grow together.
- Rather than butlers in the buff, try serving them their favourite cocktail in your birthday suit.
- Have a steamy photo session and exchange snaps when you next need a bit of va va voom.
- Start a shared calendar and show you are serious by planning holidays and events for the future.
- Turn your boudoir into a hotel honeymoon suite with champagne and rose petals on the bed.
- Learn a sexy dance such as the rumba at an online class and then impress with your hip action.
- Rope them into your hot yoga session — guaranteed to get you both sweaty and feeling sexy.
- Hide lace lingerie, sex toys and saucy photos around the house for a sexy scavenger hunt.
- Recreate your first ever date and tell them all the reasons you fell for them.
- Little gestures go a long way, so arrange for a special gift to arrive when you are out.
- Give them your favourite book and inscribe it with a personal message.
- Don’t wait for them to ask you about your day, ask them how theirs was — and listen.
- When you are watching telly, show your affection by giving them a relaxing foot rub.
- Ask for their advice so they feel like you value their opinion and intelligence.
- Research the Kama Sutra and take the lead in the bedroom, switching the usual routine.
- Grant them one wish — it has to be free but other than that, it could be anything . . .
- Get appy by learning lots of new sex tips, exercises and positions to impress your partner in bed. Download the sex and wellness app lover.io.
Inside Coco Chanel’s abandoned decaying Scottish mansion full of ornate furniture
Dentists reveal there’s spot in your mouth which shows if you’ve had oral sex
DOTTY FOR IT
Optical illusion does something freaky if you stare at the dot for 10 secs
Man’s easy tips to keep home warm WITHOUT turning up the heating & they’re FREE
My tatts got me fired 30 mins into top job – my family hate them & I want more
Hairdresser claims bicarb soda is the secret to salon-worthy locks at home
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]