MIDDLESBROUGH have confirmed the signing of Yannick Bolasie on loan from Everton.
The 31-year-old winger has not played a single minute for the Toffees this term after Carlo Ancelotti left him out of his 25-man Premier League squad.
He looked to be on his way to the Riverside on October’s transfer deadline day only for the move to break down at the last minute – leaving both the player and Boro boss Neil Warnock frustrated.
Now the veteran, who managed the attacker at Crystal Palace, has finally got his man in a transfer exclusively reported by SunSport last month after persuading him to snub a move to Turkey for the Riverside.
Warnock said: “I spoke to him this week and he was going to go to Turkey.
“I told him to come and play for me and just enjoy yourself for a couple of months. He can go to Turkey another time.
“He does owe me anyhow because I did well for him at Crystal Palace.
Warnock added: “I’ve known Yannick for many years.
“I asked him if he could help us out until the end of the season and get some fitness in at the same time.
“We can’t expect wonders but he’s a good lad and he can play different positions for me. He’ll be good in the dressing room and it’s a big boost for us.”
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Bolasie, who is out of contract at Goodison Park in June, will go straight into the Boro squad for the trip to table-topping Norwich on Saturday.
Bolasie joined Everton for £25m in 2016 but his time at Goodison has been hampered by injury.
He has headed out to Aston Villa, Anderlecht and Sporting Lisbon but has failed to convince Ancelotti to make him part of his plans on Merseyside.
Bolasie, who has nine goals in 40 appearances for DR Congo, will now be hoping he can help get Boro’s faltering play-off push back on track after they suffered a third defeat in four at home Rotherham on Wednesday.