ENGLAND go into the second Test against India full of confidence after a brilliant win in Chennai.
Joe Root was masterful in his 100th Test match, while Jimmy Anderson produced one of the greatest overs ever bowled as the tourists cruised to a 227-run triumph.
With The Ashes in Australia coming up at the end of the year, England will be hoping to keep up that momentum before heading Down Under.
What TV channel is England’s series in India on – Channel 4 or Sky Sports?
Channel 4 have won the rights to air the India vs England series in the UK ahead of Sky Sports.
Channel 4 last broadcast cricket 15 years ago and had been in drawn out talks with Indian host broadcaster Star Sports, who initially wanted exclusive rights to stream the series in the UK.
But they have seen common sense and are happy for the series to be hosted by a British broadcaster, describing the offer from C4 as “compelling”.
Channel 4 now have the rights for the four tests, five Twenty20s and three one day internationals.
What radio station can I listen to England vs India on?
- talkSPORT will be the exclusive radio broadcaster for the tour with every ball of every game live on talkSPORT 2.
- The broadcast team includes talkSPORT cricket regulars, Darren Gough, Mark Nicholas, Mark Butcher, Matt Prior, Steve Harmison, Gareth Batty, Alex Tudor, Neil Manthorp, Jarrod Kimber, Jon Norman, Guy Swindells and Andrew McKenna.
- Harmison will also host a regular show, live-streamed on talkSPORT’s YouTube channel at the end of play each day, as part of 500 hours of cricket programming across the series.
- Complementing the live commentaries will be a daily Following On podcast, there will also be a two-hour highlights package for those who miss the action, plus the Cricket Collective will deliver regular preview and review shows.
- To follow the action on talkSPORT 2, download the talkSPORT app, re-tune your DAB radio, listen at talkSPORT.com or tell your smart speaker to ‘play talkSPORT 2’.
England cricket fixtures 2021
It’s set to be a busy year for England, with a packed winter schedule before welcoming Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka for home fixtures in the summer.
Currently, the Ashes 2021-22 schedule hasn’t been released but we’ll update you with those dates when we have them.
Here’s how 2021 is shaping across the Test, T20 and ODI formats:
Sri Lanka Test series (away)
India Test series (away)
- 1st Test, Chennai – ENGLAND WON BY 227 RUNS
- 2nd Test, Chennai – Saturday, February 13 to Wednesday, February 17 (4am GMT)
- 3rd Test, Ahmedabad – Wednesday, February 24 to Sunday, February 28 (9am GMT, day/night)
- 4th Test, Ahmedabad – Thursday, March 4 to Monday, March 8 (4am GMT)
India T20 series (away)
- 1st T20, Ahmedabad – Friday, March 12 (1.30pm GMT)
- 2nd T20, Ahmedabad – Sunday, March 14 (1.30pm GMT)
- 3rd T20, Ahmedabad – Tuesday, March 16 (1.30pm GMT)
- 4th T20, Ahmedabad – Thursday, March 18 (1.30pm GMT)
- 5th T20, Ahmedabad – Saturday, March 20 (1.30pm GMT)
India ODI series (away)
- 1st ODI, Pune – Tuesday, March 23 (8am GMT)
- 2nd ODI, Pune – Friday, March 26 (8am GMT)
- 3rd ODI, Pune – Sunday, March 28 (8am GMT)
Sri Lanka ODI series (home)
- 1st ODI, Chester-le-Street – Tuesday, June 29 (11am BST)
- 2nd ODI, The Oval – Thursday, July 1 (1pm BST)
- 3rd ODI, Bristol – Sunday, July 4 (11am BST)
Pakistan ODI series (home)
- 1st ODI, Cardiff – Thursday, July 8 (1pm BST)
- 2nd ODI, Lord’s – Saturday, July 10 (11am BST)
- 3rd ODI, Edgbaston – Tuesday, July 13 (1pm BST)
Pakistan T20 series (home)
- 1st T20, Trent Bridge – Friday, July 16 (6.30pm BST)
- 2nd T20, Headingley – Sunday, July 18 (6.30pm BST)
- 3rd T20, Old Trafford – Tuesday, July 20 (6.30pm BST)
India Test series (home)
- 1st Test, Trent Bridge – Wednesday, August 4 to Sunday, August 8 (11am BST)
- 2nd Test, Lord’s – Thursday, August 12 to Monday, August 16 (11am BST)
- 3rd Test, Headingley – Wednesday, August 25 to Sunday, August 29 (11am BST)
- 4th Test, The Oval – Thursday, September 2 to Monday, September 6 (11am BST)
- 5th Test, Old Trafford – Friday, September 10 to Tuesday, September 14 (11am BST)
Pakistan T20 series (away)
- 1st T20, Karachi – Thursday, October 14 (2pm BST)
- 2nd T20, Karachi – Friday, October 15 (2pm BST)
Anderson hailed as GOAT by Root after stunning spell helped seal win in India
BBC facing probe over ‘live’ India vs England coverage despite not having rights
England shock India in First Test as Anderson & Leach seal brilliant win
India vs England cricket FREE: Live stream, TV channel, start time and team news
Leach produces wonder ball towards end of day 4 as England near victory vs India