THIS week I’m helping you whip up a taste of Germany, with two delicious dishes. First, my currywurst recipe is perfect for those summer barbecues.
My batching top tip today is to always make sure you get as much of the air out of your freezer bags as possible when adding meals to the freezer. This will make sure the food doesn’t get freezer burn or spoil.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 350ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 115g frozen chopped onions
- 180ml tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 bratwurst sausages (or a smoked sausage)
- Fries, to serve
- Make up your stock using one stock cube and 350ml hot water and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and then fry your onions.
- Next, add in the tomato ketchup and all other ingredients except for the bratwurst and fries.
- Stir and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until it has thickened.
- While this is simmering, cook the bratwurst.
- To do this, place them under a preheated grill for eight to ten minutes, turning halfway.
- Once cooked, chop up the sausage and add to the sauce. Leave to cool.
- Ready to freeze: Once cooled, pour the sausage mix into a reusable freezer bag.
- Ready to eat: Remove the freezer bag and leave to defrost completely.
- Once defrosted, pop your fries in the oven and cook to packet instructions, while reheating your sauce in a saucepan until piping hot.
- Once chips are cooked, plate up and ladle the sauce on top.
- Follow The Batch Lady on Instagram and Facebook @thebatchlady.